£33,681 - £38,269 per annum (dependent on experience)
Sale, Trafford, Greater Manchester
Fixed Term Contract (until 27th March 2020)
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester. We are a ‘profit-for-purpose’ organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice. We also have Gold status IIP accreditation.
We are looking for an experienced business analyst to join our team of Business Change Specialists. You'll play a key role in communicating between operational teams and our IT & software development teams, acting as a 'translator' to convey how information technology can support the organisation and the customer's needs.
As a Business Change Specialist, you will be:
• Leading the identification, design and delivery of process and system improvement initiatives to improve customer experience and / or internal efficiency and effectiveness.
• Performing ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ analysis to identify root causes of challenging business problems.
• Contributing to business case benefits identification and articulation.
• Understanding and documenting requirements for software solutions.
• Project managing software development and change projects.
• Planning testing to make sure the solutions we create are ready to release to our customers.
• Coordinating communications and training activities to support the implementation of projects.
• Ensuring plans are made to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
• Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach.
• Experience of working as a Business Analyst in both Agile and Waterfall software development environments.
• Experience writing requirements and producing and owning project documents.
• Experience in all stages of a software development project lifestyle.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences.
• The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes.
• The ability to build and maintain strong on-going relationships across a cross-functional project team.
• A passion and enthusiasm to drive and deliver business improvement with a “can do” attitude.
• Demonstrable experience of managing projects and delivering business benefits, demonstrating initiative and commerciality in achieving results.
• Qualification in or knowledge of an industry recognised business improvement methodology e.g. Lean Six Sigma.
• A detailed knowledge of the public, housing and/or care sectors.
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme, annual leave allowance starting at 20 days per annum and rising to 30 days per annum with service.
Closing date for applications: 10th April